THERE ARE MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO VOLUNTEER AT GVMS!
Parent volunteers are needed and greatly appreciated. To learn more about volunteer clearances go here on the GVSD site.
Read the descriptions of the volunteer opportunities listed below.
Complete this form to sign up to volunteer. You can select any volunteer activities that interest you. The committee chairperson will contact you as the event draws closer. Click here to access the volunteer form.
- TEACHER APPRECIATION DINNER - The dinner will be Tuesday of Thanksgiving week (20th November). Donations are needed to purchase the entrees and sides. Volunteers are needed to coordinate, donate food, decorate, set up, cook, serve and clean up. Donate or Volunteer here.
- LIBRARY VOLUNTEERS – We now have enough library volunteers - thank you. Sign-up using the volunteer form.
- SCIENCE FAIR - Dr Souders has requested volunteers to help lead the science fair program. Sign-up using this form.
- FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCES CLASS - Volunteers are needed to assist in FACS classes throughout the day. Volunteers can sign up to help with cutting fabric, supervise hand sewing, assist in cooking labs, or as general help in the classroom.
- HOSPITALITY – Volunteers provide baked goods (homemade or store bought) for PTO-sponsored events throughout the year.
- 6TH GRADE SOCIALS - Parent volunteers are needed to help chaperone 6th grade socials held three times a year.(in November, February and May) from 2:30 to 3:45 PM.
- MISCELLANEOUS – From time to time, a need arises for volunteers that might not fall into any of the above categories. Please sign up under “Miscellaneous” if the PTO might call on you for assistance upon occasion.